Press Clippings | Dirge of Cerberus PAL Release Details
Square Enix Unveils PAL Release for DIRGE of CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII-
Fan demand sees compilation of FINAL FANTASY VII title released in Europe
LONDON, August 29, 2006 - Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, announced today the highly anticipated DIRGE of CERBERUS™ -FINAL FANTASY® VII- will be shipping to PAL territories in November 2006 exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.
Part of the compilation of FINAL FANTASY VII series that revisits the characters and locations of the award-winning RPG and that also includes the DVD/UMD release of the CG-animated film FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN®, DIRGE of CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII- is an exciting action shooter set three years after Meteor’s devastating attack on the planet.
Starring as FINAL FANTASY VII’s enigmatic Vincent Valentine, players must battle against a mysterious military organisation known as “Deepground.” Before Meteorfall, these soldiers formed one of Shinra's most secret projects – but with the destruction of Midgar, the soldiers left below the town’s smouldering remains were forgotten. Vincent Valentine must now retaliate against this impending threat with his trusty Cerberus in hand.
Since the original Japanese release, Square Enix has made several changes to the game play to offer an even more immersive experience. Many aspects of the game have been enhanced. These include:
COMPILATION OF FINAL FANTASY VII Timeline
- Movement. Vincent now runs 1.2 times faster, adding a more dynamic edge to the gameplay.
- Gunplay. Aiming has been made faster, and this can be further increased with weight reduction, achieved by customising Vincent’s trusty Cerberus and other firearms. Power, range, firing rate and more can also be improved through customisation.
- Jumping. Vincent can now utilise a new double-jump move, making evasive manoeuvres look more amazing than ever!
- Combat. Obliterate your adversaries with impressive aerial shooting attacks and devastating melee combos.
- Rush Dodge. The dive-roll dodge has been replaced with an effective rush move that allows Vincent to recover and prime himself for attack faster than before.
- Limit Break. Vincent’s magic bar is no longer depleted when using his fearsome Limit Break attack. You must instead find single use limit-break items to pull off these awesome assaults as Vincent transforms into an unstoppable beast!
- New Missions. Multiplayer, which required a PS2 hard-drive to play, is no more. Instead, players will be treated to over 40 special missions
- "Ex Hard Mode". Offering players an even tougher challenge for Vincent to face, but with greater rewards. Unlocked by completing the game on either difficulty setting, normal or hard. Play through the extra challenge of both the New Missions and "Ex Hard" mode to unlock new, modified weapons, a character-model viewer along with artwork and sound galleries.
- Unrivalled Cinematics. Fully-voiced, cutting-edge CG cinematics in the renowned Square Enix style from the animators who brought you, FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN.
CRISIS CORE™ -FINAL FANTASY VII- "CC" – (Release of CC in PAL territories is TBD)
BEFORE CRISIS™ -FINAL FANTASY VII- "BC" (*Network RPG for the mobile phone. Service in PAL territories is TBD.) - Set 6 years before the events of FINAL FANTASY VII
FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN "AC" - Set 2 years after the events of FINAL FANTASY VII
DIRGE of CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII- "DC" - Set 3 years after the events of FINAL FANTASY VII (one year after "AC")
About Square Enix Co., Ltd.
With headquarters in Tokyo, Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix) develops, publishes and distributes entertainment contents including interactive entertainment software and publications in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. Square Enix brings two of Japan’s best-selling franchises – FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 68 million units worldwide and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 40 million units worldwide – under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com
About Square Enix Ltd.
Located in London, Square Enix Ltd. handles operations in Europe and other PAL territories including sales, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com.
©2006 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA
ADVENT CHILDREN, BEFORE CRISIS, CRISIS CORE, DIRGE of CERBERUS, DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. in United Kingdom and/or other countries.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.