Last revised October 1, 2007.
Submissions are currently open. We will consider any new submissions that meet the policies and guidelines below.
Please note the new email addresses. Thanks.
- General Submission Policies
- Plagarism and Theft
- Mature Content
- Additional Guidelines By Category
- Other Fan-Created Works
- General Inquiries & Miscellaneous
General Submission Policies
Please read the following carefully. Repeat offenders of the Submission Policies will be blacklisted by the FF7 Citadel and have their email addresses blocked.
Any email sent to the wrong address will be deleted immediately. When appropriate, the webmaster reserves the right to edit and/or reject submissions. All submitters of accepted content will be contacted when their work goes up on the site and will receive proper credit however the Citadel deems appropriate.
Additional Guidelines By Category
- Plagarism and Theft - Any submitted fan works and/or articles that are known to be unauthorized ripoffs and/or copies of another person's work will not be considered for inclusion on the Citadel. If you are an author/artist who happens to find a plagarized version of your work on the Citadel, please notify us with the details and we'll take the steps necessary to give proper credit and/or remove it.
- Mature Content - As the Citadel has many younger visitors, we do not accept any "mature" or "adult" content. Here, "mature content" is defined as that which contains excessive and/or grotesque violence, pornographic text and/or imagery, excessive swearing, and/or anything else outside the boundaries of good taste. Please note that slash/yaoi and femmeslash/yuri fanworks are acceptable, so long they do not contain any mature content and meet all other guidelines.
- Spam - Spammy messages and submissions will be deleted on the spot.
- News - Please send any and all interesting news items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted news items should be as recent as possible and contain a brief summary of the relevant info. In addition, please include sources (such as links) when sending your info, so we can double-check the accuracy of your submission. Any submissions of news coming from sources that are known to be unreliable will not be considered.
- Media - Please send all submissions of official Square Enix media to email@example.com. This includes items such as official screenshots, official wallpapers, production artwork, logos, and press releases. Any images that contain watermarks from sources other than Square/Square Enix will not be accepted, nor will fake or edited images.
- Articles - Please send all article submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Articles must be sent as attachments, and in any one of the following formats: .htm/.html (preferably within a .zip or .rar archive), .doc, .rtf, or .txt. When submitting work for the first time, please include your pen name and personal link (if available). Also, be sure to include a brief synopsis of your article within the body of your email.
New articles must be of considerable quality for acceptance into the Citadel, and should focus on a topic that hasn't been covered in previous articles; well-written replies and rebuttals to works currently in the Article Archive are also welcome. In addition, articles should be of a considerable length (500 words or more recommended), have generally good grammar and spelling, and cite all sources (whenever possible).
- Fanfiction - Please send all fanfic submissions to email@example.com. Fanfics must be sent as attachments, and in any one of the following formats: .htm/.html (preferably within a .zip or .rar archive), .doc, .rtf, or .txt. When submitting work for the first time, please include your pen name and personal link (if available). Also, be sure to include a brief synopsis of your fanfic—as well as the genre, main characters, and a suggested rating—within the body of your email. Save for poetry, all fanfics must be of a considerable length (750 words or more recommended).
New fanfics (including new chapters of continuing epics) must be of considerable quality for acceptance into the Citadel and should have generally good grammar and spelling. Self-insertions (including Mary-Sues), MSTs, PWPs, and crossovers are highly discouraged; in addition, script-style fics and prose that is less than 750 words are not being accepted at this time. Also note that any fanfiction based around Before Crisis will not be accepted at this time, simply for the reason that this spinoff is currently not (officially) available in English.
NOTE: For suggestions and guidelines for FF7 fanfic writing, please see Ambigore's essay Writing A Fanfic and/or Reeve's essay On Fanfiction Writing.
- Fanart - Please send all fanart submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fanart is accepted in the following formats: .jpg/.jpeg, .gif, and .png. When submitting work for the first time, please include your pen name and personal link (if available). Any fanart images with dimensions exceeding 800x800 pixels and/or a file size larger than 225k is subject to being shrunk down. All mediums are welcome, including drawings, paintings, sculptures, 3D renderings, photomanipulations, and sprites. New works must be of considerable quality for acceptance into the Citadel.
- Other Fan-Created Works - Please send such submissions to email@example.com. This includes hacks, homebrew games, soundtrack remixes, custom wallpapers, and any other fan-created work which doesn't fit in with the other categories. For security reasons, all executable submissions (such as .exe files) must be sent within a .zip or .rar archive; also, due to space and bandwidth limitations, individual files over 5 MB in size are highly discouraged. New works must be of considerable quality for acceptance into the Citadel.
- Rumors - At this time, we are not accepting new rumors as submissions, as we prefer more traditional ways of receiving them (i.e., word of mouth). Also, we will not accept any findings of rumors being false; unless said rumors are marked as true, it's safe to assume that they're not. Confirmations of specific rumors as being true, as well as genuine additions to existing rumors, are welcome and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; however, please note that in both cases, proof and/or references must be provided.
- General Inquiries and Miscellaneous - If you wish to send us something which doesn't fit into any of the above categories, please write to email@example.com. This includes questions, comments, concerns, corrections, observations, tips, and text FAQs. Note that for observations, corrections, etc. pertaining to FFVII and/or any of its spinoffs, the addition of screenshots and/or other supporting materials is highly encouraged.