Friday, February 26th, 2021
Posted by CloudANDTidus at 11:35 AM EST
Full Famitsu translation, FF7R free on PlayStation Plus
The full translation for the Famitsu interview with Tetsuya Nomura is now available, and I encourage you to read the full thing over on Aitai Kuji.
Regarding the Yuffie DLC episode;
- Weiss is a secret boss Nomura has wanted in the game since the PS4 version. It appears he will be a formidable opponent in the Battle Simulator, suggesting he may not actually be in the story?
- There will be a new boss character in the Yuffie DLC that is not Weiss.
- The Yuffie story happens during Remake. Yuffie gets involved in a mission with another AVALANCHE group (not Barret's).
- You won't be able to control Sonon, but you will be able to do commands where the two work together. In the trailer you see an attack that they perform reminiscent of a move that Yuffie and Cid do in Advent Children.
Regarding First Soldier;
- The game is the earliest we have gone back in the timeline when Shinra was first establishing SOLDIER.
- There are solo and trio battles.
- The game will feature levelling up by gathering items and fighting monsters.
Regarding Ever Crisis;
- The game will be a command style RPG.
- The game will cover the original, all of the Compilation and even First Soldier.
- Kazushige Nojima is writing the scenario.
- You wont need to complete one title to play the next.
- New chapters will be added every month (we don't currently know how they will charge for this).
- The game will feature the original materia system.
- Nomura is unsure what to do about voice acting. If voices are added, don't expect a lot.
Also announced today; Final Fantasy VII Remake is free on PlayStation Plus this month. It should be noted however that the free PS+ version is not eligible for the PS5 upgrade.
Permalink | No Comments
Posted by CloudANDTidus at 05:26 AM EST
PS5 upgrade, Yuffie DLC, Ever Crisis and The First Soldier announced!
A lot of news to wake up to this morning! First up, Remake is getting a free PS5 upgrade called Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade. Intergrade includes improved 4k graphics, 60FPS performance mode, normal (classic) mode, faster load times and photo mode. There is also a new episode featuring Yuffie as the main protagonist, along with a new character called Sonon Kusakabe. The Yuffie episode will be paid DLC and is exclusive to the PS5 version.
Near the end of this trailer you can see both Deepground soldiers and Weiss, suggesting they plan to meld more of the compilation lore into Remake. Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade releases 10th June and you can view some lovely artwork over here.
Next up we have Ever Crisis, a "chapter-structured" mobile game that covers the entire FF7 timeline (including the compilation). The art style seems to be a mix of chibi characters and FF7R assets in battle. I'm personally excited to see the Before Crisis story released in English for the first time. Ever Crisis will be released in 2022.
And then we have something no one predicted... Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier is a battle royale for iOS and Android available this year. Weird huh?
In other smaller news, the soundtrack for Remake is out today on Apple Music, Spotify and Amazon Music.
A new Famitsu interview released alongside these announcements also revealed that Nomura is stepping down from the Director chair for the next part of FF7R. He will be staying on as Creative Director while Naoki Hamaguchi will become Director.
Permalink | No Comments