02/26/2021: "Full Famitsu translation, FF7R free on PlayStation Plus"
The full translation for the Famitsu interview with Tetsuya Nomura is now available, and I encourage you to read the full thing over on Aitai Kuji.
Regarding the Yuffie DLC episode;
- Weiss is a secret boss Nomura has wanted in the game since the PS4 version. It appears he will be a formidable opponent in the Battle Simulator, suggesting he may not actually be in the story?
- There will be a new boss character in the Yuffie DLC that is not Weiss.
- The Yuffie story happens during Remake. Yuffie gets involved in a mission with another AVALANCHE group (not Barret's).
- You won't be able to control Sonon, but you will be able to do commands where the two work together. In the trailer you see an attack that they perform reminiscent of a move that Yuffie and Cid do in Advent Children.
Regarding First Soldier;
- The game is the earliest we have gone back in the timeline when Shinra was first establishing SOLDIER.
- There are solo and trio battles.
- The game will feature levelling up by gathering items and fighting monsters.
Regarding Ever Crisis;
- The game will be a command style RPG.
- The game will cover the original, all of the Compilation and even First Soldier.
- Kazushige Nojima is writing the scenario.
- You wont need to complete one title to play the next.
- New chapters will be added every month (we don't currently know how they will charge for this).
- The game will feature the original materia system.
- Nomura is unsure what to do about voice acting. If voices are added, don't expect a lot.
Also announced today; Final Fantasy VII Remake is free on PlayStation Plus this month. It should be noted however that the free PS+ version is not eligible for the PS5 upgrade.
Posted by CloudANDTidus at 11:35 AM EST